A-Z guide to WordPress Plugins in 5 mins
A Beginner’s Guide to Elementor & Contact Form 7
Are you tired of paying your web developer to build your Website and still not getting the desired results?
WordPress Plugins are ready to your rescue.
In the year 2019, organizations have paid up to $95,000 a year to get their desired Website.
Now that it’s the age of DIY, why don’t you just do it yourself and save yourself some buck!
With the latest web development endeavors, a simple drag and drop with WordPress plugins can give you a breath-taking website.
This blog is a beginner’s guide to the world of WordPress plugins. This blog will get you started on your journey to getting yourself the most intuitive website, without the requirement of any coding knowledge and only using drag and drop.
As always, we are not going to use any coding in this tutorial. It’s a promise from Biorev scoop to only use drag and drop and a simple copy and paste, to edit your WordPress website.
So, what are we waiting for! Let’s put our learning caps on, and let’s get started.
Questions that we have answered:
What are WordPress Plugins?
WordPress plugins are small PHP scripts or call it a software if you will, that enhances the performance of WordPress, like premium gasoline.
WordPress plugins are generally developed by volunteers and often by an organization. They are usually available to use, free of charge.
There are almost 50,000 WordPress plugins to choose from, each having different abilities and functionalities to enhance your Website.
Why do we need WordPress plugins?
If you want to create a website without coding, WordPress plugins are what you need.
learn how to create a brand new WordPress website from scratch,
WordPress Plugins provide you with a simple drag and drop interface that allows you to create a spectacular website without any coding knowledge requirement.
Business owners love hiring web development professionals with knowledge of WordPress plugins, as it cuts the time and costs required to manage and create their Website drastically.
So if you are a budding web developer, or an experienced one, a solid knowledge of WordPress plugins should get you going in your career.
What is the Elementor Plugin?
Elementor plugin is one of the leading plugins when it comes to the WordPress world.
The elementor plugin gives you a drag and drop interface to customize and edit your Website, according to your liking.
With The elementor plugin, the possibilities are endless.
The biggest pro to the elemetor plugin is that a reasonably large part of it comes for absolutely free of charge.
With the Free suite of the elementor plugin, you can do the following and enhance your Website:
- Add sections
- Add Headings
- Add images
- Embed YouTube videos in your WordPress Website
- Add buttons to Hyperlink
- Add Google maps and icons.
How to install WordPress plugins in your Website?
Let’s try and learn how to install, activate, and use a WordPress plugin onto your WordPress Website.
- Go to Plugins on the left-hand side of the WordPress Dashboard
- Click on Add new
- Search for the plugin that you want to install
- Click on install to install the plugin, followed by activate.
Check out the complete video.
How to add elements to your WordPress website with Drag and Drop with Elementor Plugin
Start working with Elementor Plugin
To start editing with the Elementor plugin, on the WordPress Dashboard, click on all pages, and then click on “Edit with Elementor” on the Webpage that you want to edit.
Add Sections to your Website:
To add a section to your Webpage, drag and drop the inner section onto your page.
Add Headings to your WordPress Website:
To add a heading, drag and drop a text editor in your required section. After this, drag and drop a Heading tool in the required area.
Add Images to your WordPress website
- To add an image to your WordPress Website, drag and drop the image tool onto the desired location
- Choose an image from the left-hand side toolbar
- Click on insert media
Embed YouTube Videos into your WordPress Website
- Drag and Drop the YouTube Tool from the Elementor Plugin Toolbar
- Insert the link of the video that you wish to embed
- Switch on/ off video features like autoplay and loop
- Hit the update button
Add Hyperlink buttons to your WordPress Website
- Drag and drop the button tool from the Elementor Plugin toolbar
- Insert the text you want to show
- Insert the link that you want to hyperlink to
- Adjust the size of the button
- Change button colour
- Hit the update button
Add Google maps to your WordPress Website
- Drag and Drop the google maps tool from the Elementor Toolbar
- Change the default address to the required
- Zoom in or zoom out of the map
- Change to satellite view or map view
- Hit the update button
Add a form to your WordPress website with Contact Form 7
What is Contact Form 7?
Now that you have created your WordPress Website, you might want to generate leads for your business to grow.
For customer leads, what you need is a form that needs to be embedded onto your contacts page to make the experience of making a query with your Website a breeze.
The WordPress plugin that we are going to use for this purpose is contact form 7. The only operation that we need to know to embed a form onto our Website is to copy and paste a piece of text.
How to embed a form onto your Webpage?
- To add a form, first of all, go to plugins and click on add new
- Search for Contact form 7
- Install and activate the plugin
- Click on edit on contact form 7
- Copy and paste from the code above to modify the required form
- Copy the source code at the top
- Drag and drop a text editor onto your Webpage with the elementor plugin and paste the source code.
- Update and refresh the page.
Visit our YouTube channel for a better understanding of the Elementor Plugin user interface.
Building a website has never easier since we came across content management platforms like WordPress. WordPress Plugins have made things a tad bit easier and accessible to anyone who wants their own Website. So go ahead! Customize! Add elements, remove elements, play with components, play with the plethora of tools that you get in the form of WordPress plugins. To get an even better understanding, visit our YouTube channel.